This comprehensive guide to Australian Coin & Banknote Values contains over 3,850 images and countless thousands of valuations.
A must for all collectors, whether you are just beginning or an advanced collector.
Latest information compiled using weighted averages where possible to ensure the accuracy of pricing.
Quality reproduction of photos makes it easy to identify items. Covered are copper, silver, gold, nickel and allow coins and notes used in Australia from 1800 to present.
Subjects include Pre-Decimal and Decimal currency, as well as privately issued banknotes, war issues, and privately issued tokens.
Also included are latest Royal Australian Mint, Perth Mint & Australia Post Numismatic Covers.
- General Information
- Coin Terms
- Grading Commonwealth coins
- Adjectival Grading System
- Hands on Grading
- Pictorial reference to major grades
- Proclamation Coins United Netherlands – Great Britain – Spain & Colonies – Brazil (Portugal) – East India Company
- Holey Dollars and Dumps 1813 NSW Fifteen Pence Dump & Five Shillings Holey Dollar
- Bullion Act 1852 1852 Adelaide Assay Office Ingots – Adelaide Pounds Port Phillip Gold Pattern Taylor Patterns
- Australian Gold Coinage 1855-1931 Half Sovereigns Sovereigns
- Major Commonwealth coin types Crowns and Commemorative issues Pre-Decimal Coins
- A History of Australian Pre-Decimal Coinage
- Pre-Decimal Pattern Pieces Kookaburra Penny & Halfpenny Square Patterns 1919-1921 – 1918-1920 Patterns – 1927 Patterns – 1937 Patterns
- Pre Decimal Proofs and Patterns
- PreDecimal Varieties
- Decimal Coins
- One cent – Two Cent – Five Cent – Ten Cent – Twenty Cent – Twenty Cent Non-Circulating Legal Tender – Fifty Cents (Circulation Coins) – Fifty Cents Non Circulating Legal Tender – One Dollar Circulating Coins – One Dollar Non Circulating Legal Tender – Two Dollars – Decimal Varieties – Decimal Patterns – Decimal Errors – Unofficial Patterns
- Royal Australian Mint NCLT
- Kangaroo at Sunset Silver Dollars – Silver Commemorative Dollars – Five Dollar Commemoratives – Ten Dollar Commemoratives – Various Commemoratives – Kangaroo Gold Proof Series – Fifty Dollars – One Hundred Dollars – One Hundred and Fifty Dollars – Two Hundred Dollars – Various Commemoratives – Masterpieces in Silver – Royal Australian Mint Sets – Commemorative & Circulating Currency Gold Proof Sets – Sydney 2000 Olympic Coin Program
- The Perth Mint NCLT
- Holey Dollar and Dump Series – Gold Nugget Proof Coins – Prospector Series – Kangaroo Gold Proofs – Kangaroo Platinum Bullion – Platinum Koala Proof Coins – Gold & Silver Koala Collector Coins – Palladium Emu Proof 1995-1997 – Silver Kookaburras – Lunar Series – Discover Australia – The Perth Mint Annual Edition Collector Coins – The Perth Mint Collector Coins – The Perth Mint Collector Coins – Young Collectors Annual Editions – Baby Annual Editions – Privy Marks and Host Coins
- Philatelic Numismatic Covers RAM & Australia Post PNCs – Perth Mint & Australia Post PNCs
- Private Issue 19th Century Coins
- Internment Camps
- Cocos Keeling Islands
- 1788 – 1829 Currency Notes
- Cheques, Promissory Notes & IOUs
- Bills of Exchange
- New South Wales Colonial Police Fund Notes
- Private Issue Banknotes
- Australia Postal Notes
- Superscribed Banknotes 1910-1914
- Government Issue Banknotes 1913-
- Pre-Decimal Banknotes 1913-1966
- Pre-Decimal Glossary – Banknote Condition Grading – Ten Shillings – One Pound – Five Pounds – Ten Pounds – Twenty Pounds – Fifty Pounds – One Hundred Pounds – One Thousand Pounds – Specimen & Trial Notes – Unissued BankNotes
- Decimal Banknotes
- Decimal Glossary – Banknote Signature Identification Chart: – Portrait identification guide-Decimal – One Dollar – Two Dollars – Five Dollars – Ten Dollars – Twenty Dollars – Fifty Dollars – One Hundred Dollars – Decimal Specimen Notes – Plate Identification Letters – Special Serial Numbers – Banknotes Designs – Decimal Banknote Collector Issues – Commemorative Folders – Special N.P.A Collections – Joint Issue Portfolios – Dated Annual Collector Folders – Annually Dated Sets – Last & First Portfolios-Two Notes – Miscellaneous Note Printing Australia Issues – Uncut Notes – Printing Faults
- This publication is a simpliﬁed guide showing current values, at date of publication General information on each issue is given but not specialised details such as variations & errors, including multiple modern packaging variations.
Edited by Michael T Pitt
We will endeavour to dispatch orders as soon as possible, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery within Australia and 4-6 weeks overseas.
We requires full payment with order, plus all shipping/postage charges before we dispatch any goods.
All shipping/postage (including insurance) costs are subject to change without notice.
Shipping charges for Australia is a flat fee of $9.95, except heavy items such as coin rolls, books, accessories and large quantities of coins and banknotes which will be charged at current Australia Post charges. We will advise you of these costs before shipping.
Free Shipping: On orders $350.00 and over made in one transaction for delivery within Australia only.
Free Express Upgrade: Domestic Australian orders over the value of $1000 will automatically upgrade to Express Post at no additional expense.
Overseas shipping charges as follows; orders up to 1kg;
- New Zealand - $25.00
- South Pacific - $30.00
- Asia - $35.00
- North & South America - $40.00
- Europe - $45.00
International orders over 1 kilogram, please contact us for shipping and insurance charges.
Wynyard Coin Centre will attempt to exchange (if available) or provide a refund for any items delivered damaged or unsatisfactory when returned in original, undamaged condition with all product components as supplied within 14 days of receipt.
Cancelled items/orders for customer change of mind or return without major problem (in original condition) will be refunded less postage charges and any merchant fees (PayPal 2.6%, VISA/Mastercard, Shop Pay, Apple Pay & Google Pay 1.6% + $0.30) associated with accepting the original payment within 28 days of purchase.