Australia's first official mint opened in Sydney in 1855 then Melbourne in 1872, Perth in 1899 and Canberra in 1965. The Adelaide Assay Office S.A (considered unofficial) was established in 1852 producing gold ingots and tokens including the Adelaide Pound. The Royal Australian Mint has struck four different products.
- 'C' - Canberra Mintmark - Struck at the Royal Australian Mint gallery press, Canberra
- 'B' - Brisbane Counterstamp - Struck at the Royal Queensland Show affectionately known as the Ekka show from 5-14 August 2016
- 'M' - Melbourne Counterstamp - Struck for the Royal Melbourne (Agricultural) Show from 23rd September to the 3rd October 2016
- 'S' - Sydney Counterstamp - Struck for the Royal Agricultural Show (Sydney Royal Easter Show Sydney Olympic Park) 17th - 30th March 2016.
We will endeavour to deliver orders as quickly as possible but, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery within Australia and 4-6 weeks overseas.
We require full payment with order, plus all shipping/postage charges before we dispatch any goods.
All shipping/postage (including insurance) costs are subject to change without notice.
Shipping charges for Australia is a flat fee of $8.50, except heavy items such as coin rolls, books, accessories and large quantities of coins and banknotes which will be charged at current Australia Post charges. We will advise you of these costs before shipping.
Overseas shipping charges as follows; orders up to 1kg;
- South Pacific Zone 1 - $25.00
- Asia Zone 2 - $28.00
- Taiwan - $95.00
- North & South America Zone 3 - $30.00
- Europe Zone 4 - $35.00
Orders over 1 kilogram, please contact us for shipping and insurance charges.